Organization isn’t about perfection. It’s about efficiency, reducing stress & clutter, saving time & money, & improving your overall quality of life. – Christina Scalise
It does not matter what is happening in life, organization is key. It is something that Sara and I really love to do! We use journals, notebooks, planners, sticky notes, highlighters, etc – the list never ends! While this year we were still as organized as usual, something wasn’t working. We were finding that thing were not as efficient as normal. Well, to add to the difficulties, Sara worked in another office completely separate from mine! You could say that the workflow was not really flowing. Something had to change and this year had to be the time to change it!
In order for us to really find the perfect way of organization and workflow that would fit our lifestyle, we had to start at the basics. What WASN’T working for and what WAS working for us? As an example, we knew that we could not be in separate offices anymore. Secondly, we found out a ton of new organizational tools through A LOT of education that really has helped us! From re-branding, to remodeling, to learning more about our equipment and even buying new equipment. You can never learn or relearn something too much! Everything has been worth it! This is where a lot of our organizational tools came from…education. Now to see what has worked for us, it is a true lifesaver. It saves time, energy, and it keeps me prepared for each day.
Our top five tips for helping you stay more organized:
- Pass.us: I can not be more thankful to Katelyn for telling us about this because this is a lifesaver! Sara truly does a lot of the Social Media and the hardest thing was transferring pictures to her. Now, thanks to Pass being an app, Sara can access our photographs! This is at anytime or anywhere! It also helps us keep organized with blogging pictures, pinning details, or instagramming (Sara’s word :P) lovely brides on our page!
- Trello: Another thanks to Katelyn for this one! Trello is wonderful and has greatly benefited us in SO many ways! Either of us can add to our boards, add new boards, or even reorganized it into something better! You can organize bride&groom folders, blogging ideas, reminder for business, and even set some personal thing in there. Completely up to you!
- Monthly Meetings: (Which is actually happening RIGHT NOW. Happy September 1st! :)) At the beginning of every month, we have started to get together to talk about everything and anything business related. (Sometimes personal creeps in there ;). We discuss new ideas, ideas that we were pondering from last meeting, how the business is doing, what we need to do for the next months, sessions/weddings we need to plan for, etc. These can be molded into however you need it to be done! Our suggestion is that you get out of your office and have these meetings, they clear your mind so much.
- Office Cleaning: Along with Monthly Meetings, we take the time to clean each office space! Let me just say, this really does make a difference. How? It de-clutters your space, clears your head, and you probably have things on your desk that doesn’t need to be. It just overall helps, which is a positive! It keeps your desk and you organized! Side note, we are SO excited to show you our NEWLY painted office! So clean and coming soon to the blog!
- Open Communication: is THE key. I know that seems so simple, but it is true. This open communication keeps you and your partner on the same train of thought! Even on the same train of being organization! Open and honest communication equals being organized.
We have been blessed to take this year to do everything to get ready for a great rest of the year of weddings along with next year! Through taking this educational courses, our own experiences and lifestyle, these tools have helped us. We hope that these help you in your personal and business life!